Saturday, December 17, 2011

Summary of Hank The Cowdog: The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog


The pages are p. 1-133 it have ch. 1-12. I like this good book and it is by John R. Erickson. If you want to check out this book go to the library and pick it up.

It's me again, Hank the Cowdog, I just got some terrible news. There's been a murder on the ranch. I know I shouldn't blame myself. I mean, a dog is only a dog. He can't be everywhere at once. When I took this job as Head of Ranch Security, I knew that I was only flesh and blood, four legs, a tail, a couple of ears, a pretty nice kind of nose that the women really go for, two bushels of hair and another half bushel of Mexican sandburs. You add that all up and you don't get Superman, just me, good old easygoing Hank who works hard, tries to do this job, and gets very little cooperation from anyone else around here. I'm not complaining.

I knew this wouldn't be an easy job. It took a special kind of dog-strong, fearless, dedicated, and above all, smart. Obviously Drover didn't fit. The job fell on my shoulders. It was my destiny. I couldn't escape the broom of history that swept through...anyway, I took the job. Head of Ranch Security. Glee, I was proud of that title.

Long story short he left and came back. The author biography said "John R. Erickson began writing stories in 1967 while working full time as a cowboy, farmhand, and ranch manager in Texas and Oklahoma-where two of the dogs were Hank and his sidekick Drover. Hank the Cowdog made his debut a long time ago in the pages of The Cattleman, a magazine about cattle for adults. Soon after, Erickson began receiving "Dear Hank" letters and realized that many of his eager fans were children. The Hank the Cowdog series won Erickson a Publishers Weekly "Listen Up" Award for Best Humor in Audio. He also received an Audie from the Audio Publishers Association for Outstanding Children's Series. The author of more than thirty-five books, Erickson lives with his wife, Kris, and their three children on a ranch near his boyhood home of Perryton, Texas." In book 1 in 1983. To go to the website is http://www.hankthecowdog.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment