Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Summary of David's Journey on the Underground Railroad


The pages are p. 1-92 it have forward and ch. 1-12. I like this good book and it an by Linda Sibley. If you want to check out this book go to the library and pick it up.

I'd been staring at the clock on the wall all afternoon. It should been 3:00 a long time ago. I was just thinking about throwing a book at the bell when it finally rang. Ah...what a beautiful sound! Christmas vacation had officially begun. Grabbing my coat, I was out the door in s flash. I expertly dodged other students. They were as anxious as I was to be free for the next 14 days.

Overall, this had been a pretty good semester for me. My parents were pleased with my grades. I was pleased with my football season. I had scored two touchdowns in the play-off game. It didn't even matter so much that we had lost. I had still been the talk of the school for weeks after the game. I ran the whole five blocks home. To add a little challenge, I jumped a fire hydrant, Mrs. Franklin's bush, and a wooden fence.

Long story short they love Christmas. The author biography said "She has lived in Harlingen, Texas, her entire life, except for one year away at school. She now lives there with her husband, Rick, and two children, Jeremy and Jennifer. Ms. Sibley did contract work for attorneys for 15 years so she could be at home to raise her children. Now she is working at a local hospital part-time. This enables her to spend time writing, which is her favorite thing to do. She also enjoys reading and searching for interesting antiques. Traveling is another of Ms. Sibley's interests. So far she has visited 24 states and 2 countries. She is always looking for an excuse to go on another trip."

No comments:

Post a Comment